Our recreational and competitive dance lessons in the Matthews, NC area are taught by highly qualified instructors who love what they do.
At Carolina Dance Capital, we offer a wide variety of dance lessons for residents of Matthews, NC and surrounding areas. If you are looking for a warm and inviting dance studio with high-quality instruction, you have come to the right place! Our diverse class offerings present great choices for any dancer, whether your child is just beginning or has years of experience. We offer dance lessons in:
- Hip Hop: Street style dancing to upbeat music with a lot of swag.
- Ballet: Classical movements that teach grace and form a solid technical foundation for any dance form.
- Tap: Use your feet to create rhythm and experience the various sounds you can make with different movements.
- Jazz: High-energy dancing with a variation of ballet technique. Jazz is a popular dance style due to its fun and expressive nature.
- Lyrical: Combining technique from jazz and ballet to give meaning and expression to a song’s lyrics.
- Floor Gymnastics: Gymnastics for the dancer! Work on mats to build your skills.
- Adult Dance Classes: Choose from ballet, tap, and jazz. Beginners are welcome!
- Ballet Barre/Conditioning: An adult fitness class that gives you a mix of ballet barre, Pilates, and core work.
Our recreational and competitive dance lessons are taught by highly qualified instructors who love what they do. Come develop the same love of this great art from and sign up for dance lessons today!
Dance Lesson FAQs
Dancing is fun, active and enjoyable! Whether you are young or old, new to dance or reconnecting with an old pastime, finding dance lessons in your area and skill level isn’t always easy. Here at Carolina Dance Capital, we want to help you find a new love of dance or rekindle an old one with our dance lessons. We offer a variety of dance lessons and opportunities at our studio. With experienced instructors and wonderful classes, we know you’ll have a great time. We know you might have some questions, and wanted to create this frequently asked questions section to help you get answers.
Do you offer dance lessons for children or adults?
Both! While the majority of our classes are for children, we also offer jazz and tap classes for adults.
At what age can my child start classes?
Our lyrical dance class can be started at age 9, but younger children can start as early as 2 in other classes. As for adult classes, you can start them at any age over 18.
Do you have studios in different locations?
Our studio is located in Charlotte and just a short drive from nearby towns.
What types of classes do you offer?
Our adult students will love the options of tap and jazz, while our younger students can enjoy lyrical, hip-hop, jazz, tap, and ballet.
Is there a registration fee?
Yes, a $50 registration fee is required before your first month’s tuition can be accepted.
At Carolina Dance Capital, our dance lessons are available to students from Charlotte, Matthews, Weddington, Waxhaw, Gastonia, and Pineville, North Carolina, as well as Fort Mill and Rock Hill, South Carolina.