2016/2017 CAROLINA DANCE CAPITAL RECREATIONAL PROGRAM
*Please read the following very carefully and make sure you understand each policy*
1. Please arrive for classes on time. Tardiness is a distraction.
2. Hair must be secured off the face and neck with hairspray or gel in a ponytail or bun.
3. Students will wear leotard and tights to all dance classes. Dance pants and closely fitted tank tops are also permissible. In hip-hop classes street wear and tennis shoes are permitted.
4. Students are expected to be picked up promptly after class is dismissed, and be under adult supervision at all
times when not in class.
5. Students are not allowed outside of the studio between classes. Carolina Dance Capital will not be liable for
anything that occurs to students outside of the studio.
6. There is always a $35.00 nonsufficient funds fee (NSF) for checks, declined bank drafts, and credit card drafts. After two insufficient funds occurances we will accept cash only.
7. Tuition will be auto debited from customer accounts on the 1st of each month (October-May). Yearly
tuition is broken down into monthly payments/installments. (September 2016 – May 2017).
8. Annual recital package installments will be auto debited from customer accounts on their respective due dates. 9/15/16, 11/15/16 and 1/15/17. Fees are non-refundable.
9. Make-up lessons for any holiday the studio will be closed, and classes missed due to illness, are available upon
request until the Christmas break. After the Christmas break we will begin to work on the recital routines.
10. Please try to keep our studio clean. NO eating or drinking is permitted, except in the student lounge.
We do expect students and parents to clean up after themselves.
11. Strollers and similar equipment need to be kept at the front of studio – not allowed in hallways or back rooms.
12. Practice is always encouraged. As the routines are being taught, it is sometimes helpful to video the choreography of the routine. Ask your teacher for convenient times to video tape the classes to help the student remember what is taught.
13. We would appreciate a phone call into the office when your child will be out. It is convenient to schedule
make-up classes when you call the office ahead of time, and let us know when your child will be absent.
14. Social media “bullying” in NC is considered a Class 1 misdemeanor if over 18 years old, and a Class 2 misdemeanor if under the age of 18. If found that social media is used inappropriately, it might result in dismissal from Carolina Dance Capital. The studio only supports positive and encouraging social media.
15. All accounts must be paid in full before your child can dance in the 2017 recital!
16. In case of withdrawal, a 30 days written notice from the first of the month must be given.
The required withdrawal form can be picked up at the front desk or e-mailed to you. If a costume has been
ordered, customer is responsible for the full price of costume (or costumes, if more than one was ordered).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
CAROLINA DANCE CAPITAL RECREATIONAL PROGRAM POLICIES
** I understand that dance can be a vigorous physical undertaking and that I have the right to withdraw from any activity I consider beyond my child’s capabilities. I, the undersigned, do hereby voluntarily submit my application for my child’s attendance and participation in the Carolina Dance Capital dance program. I have read and accept all policies associated with enrolling my child/ren. I release CAROLINA DANCE CAPITAL and its promoters, instructors, and consultants from any claims or liabilities for any injuries, damages, or losses that may occur while in participation in the dance or gymnastics program.
** I give my permission for Carolina Dance Capital to take and/or use school related photos and/or videos of
my child/ren and family to use for purposes of promoting the studio.
** Social media “bullying” in NC is considered a Class 1 misdemeanor if over 18 years old, and a Class 2
misdemeanor if under the age of 18. I understand that if I am found to be using social media inappropriately I
will face consequences that might result in dismissal from Carolina Dance Capital. The studio only supports
positive and encouraging social media.
*** In the event of withdrawal (30 day written notice given from 1st of the month), please fill out the required
withdrawal form that can be picked up at the front desk or e-mailed to you.
Download the pdf HERE.