We offer both recreational and competition child dance classes in the Matthews, NC area.
At Carolina Dance Capital, we want your child to be able to reach their dance goals, whatever that may be. We know that cannot happen if they quit because they grew bored or felt they were failing. That is why we take every student’s age level and ability into consideration when they are beginning child dance classes and continually throughout their training. We accomplish this through small class sizes, so our student/teacher ratio is low and can provide your child with the personal attention they need to succeed. We offer two types of child dance classes:
- Recreational Program – Our recreational child dance classes are available for ages 2 and beyond. They typically meet once per week with a recital at the end of the season, so the kids can show their friends and family all that they have accomplished. In this program, we offer ballet, floor gymnastics, hip hop, lyrical, jazz and tap. This program is wonderful for giving your child confidence while learning dance skills.
- Competition Program – Our competition child dance classes are geared towards competing with teams, so they grow in a group environment. Your child will develop their skills with competition in mind. We hold try-outs each August, so your child can join a competitive team. In addition, we offer solos, duets, and trios to provide that avenue for those who desire it.
Top Benefits of Child Dance Classes
At Carolina Dance Capital, our child dance classes are more than just a fun experience or the beginning of a dance career for children in the Matthews, North Carolina area. We understand that each child can experience many different benefits and do our best to maximize them. Here are the top benefits that make excellent reasons to involve your children in child dance classes:
- Socialization– Child dance classes can be an excellent way to help a shy child overcome anxiety about being around other people. In addition, your child will learn how to cooperate in a group environment and develop trust and communication skills.
- Education– There are many skills that a person needs in adulthood that can be conditioned in childhood. Child dance classes can help your children learn how to focus, be disciplined, and demonstrate persistence to reach a goal through practice and determination. They’ll also develop an appreciation for the arts and have a way to utilize their creative nature and grow it for many advantages later on.
- Physical– Being involved in child dance classes will help your child develop strength and stamina, as well as be more flexible and enjoy improved range of motion and coordination. Any physical activity is helpful for cardiovascular health, and dancing is a fun way to go about that.
- Self-Esteem– A positive attitude about oneself sets a strong foundation for having the confidence to tackle challenges throughout life. By boosting their self-esteem through child dance classes, your child will be able to overcome current emotional issues and better deal with future stressful challenges.
Your child will learn much from our child dance classes, above and beyond dance steps and technique. They’ll learn how to work as a team and so much more. Studies show that children who take part in child dance classes have a healthy self-esteem and feeling of self-worth. We want them to feel accomplished, and we make that one of our goals when instructing them. If you have questions, give us a call. Or, since we are just a few minutes from Matthews, NC, drop by and see us!
At Carolina Dance Capital, our child dance classes are available to students from Charlotte, Matthews, Weddington, Waxhaw, Gastonia, and Pineville, North Carolina, as well as Fort Mill and Rock Hill, South Carolina.